Nightreceptionist - Shelter Jordan Amsterdam
The Shelter City and Shelter Jordan are two Christian hostels in the centre of Amsterdam. Every year about 40,000 guests stay in the hostels. The average age is between 20-35 years and our guests are coming from many different nationalities and cultures. Our goal is to spread the love of Jesus Christ among backpackers, tourists and other travellers. Through activities and social encounters with Shelter employees, our guests are put into contact with the gospel.
- You have conversations with our guests and share the gospel if you get the chance.
- You represent the hostel as a point of contact for the guests during the night and provide them with information;
- You are responsible for the safety at night in the hostel;
- You perform reception activities, such as checking in and out of guests in our reservation program, answering emails and answering telephone calls;
- You do some cleaning work;
- You supervise compliance with the house rules and perform other activities;
- With some regularity you lead the prayer moments (at 23:30)
- You have a heart for evangelism and you feel connected to our target group;
- You have at least a MBO-level education;
- You are social and have good people skills;
- You have a good understanding of the English language (knowledge of other languages is a plus);
- You are flexible, stress-resistant and can work independently;
- You have the skills to deal with MS office software, like Word and Excel.
We are looking for two people who want to join our team. The working nights for job 1 are every week on Sunday-Monday and Monday-Tuesday night from 23.45 to 08.00.
For Job 2: every other week on Thursday-Friday night from 23.45 to 08.00, and Friday-Saturday night and Saturday-Sunday night from 22.00 till 08.00.
We expect our employees to have a living faith in Jesus Christ and to be involved in a church congregation. They believe in the Bible as the authoritative Word of God and agree with the mission of Tot Heil des Volks.
The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Welfare & Social Services. You will be added to our pension fund. An irregularity allowance (ORT) of 15.5% applies to this job over the gross salary.
For more information about the position, please contact André Molenaar (Manager Shelters) via telephone number 020 6253230 or 06-41196876.
Please send applications to:
O.Z. Voorburgwal 241
1012 EZ Amsterdam
or by e-mail to: email@example.com