Christian Volunteer at the Shelter Hostels
Our Shelter Hostels in Amsterdam are looking for new volunteers! The Shelter City and Shelter Jordan are two Christian hostels in the center of Amsterdam. Every year more than 40,000 tourists from all over the world stay in these hostels. The hostels are run by Christian volunteers between 18 and 30 years old, who want to share the love of Jesus with our guests: backpackers, tourists and other travelers. Through our interaction with the guests and activities, we create space for personal conversations about God, faith and more!
What does volunteering at the Shelter mean?
- You serve the hostel guests in a practical and hospitable way, for example at the reception or in the hostel café;
- You meet travelers from all over the world and share the love of Jesus with them;
- You live in a Christian international community, together with other volunteers from different cultures and church backgrounds;
- You will receive training and education about God, the Bible, your identity in Jesus and evangelism in our Ministry Training Program.
Who are you?
- You are 18 - 30 years old
- You would love to have a Christian gap year and grow in your faith
- You are serious about following Jesus in your daily life
- You have a heart for evangelism (or would like to grow in this)
- You are willing to serve in a practical way
- You have a desire to learn more about the Bible, ministry and a Christian lifestyle
- You would love to live in an international Christian community
- You speak and understand English well enough to have conversations
What we offer:
- An awesome Christian Gap Year
- Meaningful Christian volunteer work opportunity in an international environment
- Personal growth in your identity and in your relationship with God
Have your Christian Gap Year at the Shelter Youth Hostel Ministry! Apply now and join our ministry team!